Saturday, February 25, 2006

just another saturday

well ... another saturday ...

Those of you that have had the patience to read my previous post ... or even to scroll the entire length of that post will know that I tend to ramble a bit.
Spent the morning taking my dad to the hospital ... got back home and spent most of the day working on uploading a new set of pics to my portfolio on photo.net .. check the link on the side.

I added a hit counter to my website ... that was some days ago and frankly, the results aren't too encouraging. Certainly, there is something that I am missing here ... but I'll find out!

I'll admit though that writing takes care of more than 90 % of my problem. The urge to write is what makes me do so. The other 10% is ego perhaps .. and the sense of satisfaction at having shared something.. but then I haven't shared much really .. apart from everything .. from a few years ago.

The essay below is like a snapshot of me a few years ago ... and that is really the base on which other changes have happened.

I still love photography for the fact that it captures things the way they are rather than the way that we think they should be. I still hate photography for ruining my mental images every now and then.

However, a photograph is just a photograph. You can't really replace a photograph with the experience. The wind in your hair, the sweat trickling down your spine, the sun on your face, the smell of coffee perhaps ... a cigarette maybe ... we can't yet have that multi-sensory experience with a photograph.

A disclaimer on the link to mesothelioma(?) on the side .. I picked up a "free" page counter and that came with that link embedded. I could have removed it, but that did not seem to be ethical. Feel free to surf it .. I haven't ..

Shabana Azmi just got the filmfare lifetime achievement award for her work in bollywood. What do you think you will achieve in your life? Will you care for the things that you do achieve? or will you realize too late in life that you have achieved things that you could do without and the most important things are left half done?

Asking myself really .. don't bother trying to answer those!

No comments:

Post a Comment