Monday, September 11, 2006

whatz with monday mornings?

woke up with a neck so stiff that breakfast had to be milk with painkillers ...

struggled downstairs and sat on the couch in front of the TV, after having unlocked the gate and brought in the newspaper. A rather beautiful morning but for the fact that I was struggling to hold the newspaper while the maid came in late and tinkered around the house in the pretense of cleaning it. Finally draped a towel around my neck and shoulders and tried some vague stretches ... that probably just worsened the condition.

Eventually managed to get up, take a shower, and crawl to the auto stand. Autos don't have good shock absorbers, and auto rides are bumpy. Two axioms as it were, but I realized just how true they are for the first time today ... with every jolt, my neck would go into a spasm of some kind.

Reached office, tumbled down to the cafe, grabbed breakfast and was just beginning to feel better when I happened to feel a small bump on the left side of my temple ... now there is a whole bloody line of them, stretching all the way from my receding hairline to my relatively dense eyebrows. What is interesting is that the ones higher up are bigger than the ones lower down .. like air bubbles in a swimming pool. Now I don't know whether this is an allergy to the pain killers or some creepy crawly got me good!

Just another bloody monday morning! Good morning folks!

2 comments:

  1. Hey, if they continue to appear more, go get yourself checked. It might be a varied form of chicken pox for all you know. Scared? Already? Don't be - just go visit a doc!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. it wasn't chicken pox... just some darn ants or something!

    ReplyDelete