Tuesday, June 10, 2008

there go the smoke alarms again

Yup ... it is that time of the year when the smoke alarms go off ...
Not because I am smoking too much ...
And not because I left the food on the stove and sat gaping at the TV.

Something a lot more mundane really ... on this day, some 3 decades ago, on a cold, rainy morning, I came into this world.

..... or so I am told!
Personally, I have no recollection of this most important day in my life. So, there is no way I can confirm that any of this is true. For all I know, I may have been born on a different planet and dunked on this planet in a spiky glass bowl like superman. This is unlikely though ... since somewhere in my hoary past, I remember realizing that no matter what the color and orientation of my underwear might be, it has no impact on how I relate to gravity!

But then again, the fact that I can actually think this up and write it down, does imply the possibility that I may have been involved in a brain jarring impact as a child - the kind that you'd get when the spiky glass bowl thudded to the earth ...

Skeptical as I may be about my origins, this skepticism can hardly be reason enough to stop me from having a good time ... so, I guess I'll call it a day and go light a little bonfire over the cake and make myself a roast something or the other ... hopefully my martian cousins shall celebrate too ... and not mind too much the fact that the Phoenix is baking and raking up their most arable land in the name of science!

Hang on a while and the next post shall be published as soon as sanity prevails ... hic!

Darn!
You think the burning candles on a b'day cake might lead to pollution? Green house gasses and stuff ...

2 comments:

  1. I say we move your birthday to the 20th, 22th of June, so that I can remember it in time :P
    Happy birthday!

    Valeria

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Val ...

    Was beginning to wonder about your long silence. How are things? Drop me a mail will ya?

    We'll shift urs from July to June as well ... so I find it easier to remember :p

    ReplyDelete