Monday, May 08, 2006

Just another Monday morning

Crazy way to begin the week!

I decided to go in for some insurance last week... don't really understand this stuff much, but I think the deal here is that if you manage to live long enough, you will actually get some dough for yourself .. and if you die, other people will have plenty of reason to celebrate.

Last night, the agent told me to be careful what I eat coz there'll be a blood test too .. please don't booze and stuff .. Kinda difficult when you have 5 bottles of sparkling white wine waiting on the shelf to be opened .. but then I aint suppose to open them anyways so that was ok.

He told me to eat non-oily, non-spicy, butter-less food. I told him, once you leave those qualifiers out of my food, I don't call it food anymore.

So there... One large iced (something like coffee) with ice cream on it, one large coffee, a couple of glasses of sickly sweet orange squash, chinese for lunch, and spicy, oily dinner with a dollop of butter to make it smell right. I am leaving aside the other snacks!

I hope some bloke at the lab does not have a heart attack while analyzing my sample.

As if to vindicate my lifestyle, the actual manual checkup including BP etc. went well, though I am overweight apparently (darn .. do they make these weight charts based on the anemic pop-artists?)

Anyway, first thing in the morning .. had to get up at an unearthly hour and head to the hospital. Landed up in the wrong place, and then managed to call up the wrong number and tried to convince someone that they were from the hospital and were supposed to provide me with the directions to reach there. Realized about 5 minutes too late that it was the wrong number (boy am i glad they tested mah blood and left mah brains alone!)

So here I am early on a monday morning, with burning eyes and a slight pain in the arm where I was pricked, hoping i'll at least have insurance if not some assurance that things will be fine.

Can you imagine a better beginning to a new week?
My problem is that I can!!!

2 comments:

  1. Well, yeah sure I can think more terrible ways to start the week:

    1. Having a fight with the auto guy because his meter is bad. Not only do these guys have a 20% hike in fares, they also tamper it such that you pay extra.

    2. Stuck in the notorious old madras road Traffic Jam

    3. This one takes the cake: You get to office after battling the traffic jam & the autowallah, rush to the water cooler, find Voldermot with a "So-She-is-late-and-still-visits-the-pantry-first-instead-of-burying-herself-in-work" look. The scorn on his face Really Priceless!

    ReplyDelete