Wednesday, August 09, 2006

writer's block?

Nah ... just a little short on time ... I don't think you get such blocks unless you write for money ... when you have deadlines to meet and stuff to churn out ... but within a fixed time ... whether you like it or not. Today I think I'll say it with pictures :) Found some of my digital art lying around in a folder that I was about to delete!

Maybe I'll write a lil on each pic :)


This one is called "The well". What is not apparent in this is that in the actual drawing, the canvas is actually about twice the size of the drawing. The drawing is truncated on the right, and a space equal to that of the drawing is left blank. I don't think I want to explain why. The viewer is left to think about it.


This one is called "sunset". It is what it claims to be. A sunset. The silhouette of a hill against the backdrop of a bright sky ...

An experiment with 3D representation and effect of lights and shadows ... the light source is assumed to be on the top-left portion of the image.


And the last one ... my all time favorite .... this one is called "choices". I have a few other versions of this drawing. Consider at any point in life, when we are taking a major decision. It is like standing on one side or the other. We do not know what is on the other side till we get there. Now, what do we weigh the risk of falling into the chasm against ...

It's actually pretty convoluted ... I'll leave it at that. Go figure!

3 comments:

  1. God i can soo relate to "choices"!!
    Shipra

    ReplyDelete
  2. First of all I will have to say the digital art is goood. Did u create them? Particularly I liked the 3d shadow play..

    Other thing about choices picture.. how about adding a pole at one end. with lifeline attached to it. u know what i mean

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks ... yes all of these are mine ... there are some more if I can find them ...

    The one on choices, I know that i have drawn many versions of it over the years ... I'll try to locate them all. I remember at least 3 other versions.

    Check out the poems some posts ago ... phases in my life :)

    ReplyDelete