Tuesday, August 14, 2007

sound of music

Been down and out for the last one week. Got back to work this week and finally feeling much better. For the most part, in the interim, I wasn't up to writing any posts. Had to delete a couple that I did start as I was interrupted in between ... and I generally don't save to drafts ... and then there is one that I am struggling with about my latest interest in life (already waning) regarding the origin of man, theory of evolution, creationism etc.

This post isn't about any of that though.

The weather here has been as bleak as my mood for most of this time. This morning however was different. The sun was out, it was bright and there was a gentle breeze blowing. As I opened the door towards the back of the house, it wafted in and made its way through the house - letting itself in through the broken window panes at the front of the house (broken by the neighborhood kids with their catapults) and out the back door - heaven.

Takes little, really, to feel good: To breathe without having to hear it bubble through the snot and then wheeze into your lungs ... only to be expelled by the lungful when you sneeze or cough ... a little bit of sun ... a little bit of wind ... and yes ... music!

Yeah. My maid decided to come in on time today to do the cleaning (a remarkably bright day in all its aspects) ... for I did not have to go into the shower dreading the door bell to ring the moment I turn it on ... so there she was breezing in bright and early, dazzling me with her bright yellow dentures in what could only have been a smile ... leaving me with no option but to wait for her to finish. As good a time as any for listening to some music.

So, I dug out my mp3 player from under the cushions, figured that it had enough juice to last a while provided I went light on the volume and didn't fiddle with the options too much ... and before I knew it, preisner was booming through the house (or so it would seem as i was wearing ear phones) ... I passed beethoven to hit some expletive laden rap by I don't know who ... it wasn't too bad actually ... then shuffled past lobo on to some jagjit singh and finally landed on our song ... yup we have "our song" :D (in case you are wondering who is "we" stay tuned for further updates)

Here is a link to "our song" inserted with permission from "her".

youTube link to our song

It was with great reluctance that I finally got out of that mode ... even after the maid had left.
There's nothing quite like it - the sound of music ...

2 comments: