Wednesday, June 28, 2006

not my day

saved the original post that i began writing in the drafts folder for it was getting to acrimonious for my own good.

basically fell down the stairs this morning ... because someone was supposed to come in the morning to repair my water tank .. and I had to get things prepared for them and was half asleep ...

the water tank needs to be repaired because sewage water is seeping into my water supply from a leak that it is taking my owner forever to fix ... despite the high rent that I pay ...

so, here I am, at home, with a back ache and no water, and waiting for some repairmen to work who are about as likely to keep their word as the landlord.

Living here in bangalore, is the toughest. People talk of the weather being great ... but having my childhood in places like Shillong, I recognize it for what it is - a poor compromise for the real thing.

And what else is there? No roads, no proper water supply, no proper drainage, no rules on the roads, no parking places, no place to walk ...

The very act of living in this city is so taxing, that there is so little time left for anything else. I'd love to talk philosophy and blog about the higher things in the world but living here? in this muck?

The worst thing about bangalore is the people ... or what they have become.
Of all the cities I have ever lived in, bangalore has the smallest heart and the greatest pretence at having one.

No. I am not about to substantiate any of it for any jingoistic bum. The truth is out there for all to see and I have wasted enough of my energy and emotions on this - my vocabulary refuses to throw up a word obnoxious enough - city !

No comments:

Post a Comment