Thursday, June 29, 2006

not quite my day yet ... and whatz the deal with 2?

.... but definitely getting there!

Started the day early today again, and in a much better mood ... so I have already put in an 8 hour day and it is hardly lunch time.

Worthwhile to spend a little time ruminating and such before going down to the canteen for my chow.

The better mood does not change how I feel about bangalore... refer to the last post ...
Now, the status is that the landlord thinks he will get it repaired but it will take a week when I will be stranded high and dry ... literally dry and well, I am spending time deciding where to put up for that time ... knowing these people, if they say 1 week, it will take 2, and at the end of it, i will be most surprised if the problem is fixed.

Cynicism aside ... the other night ... before I had realized that I was drinking sewage water, I was wondering about numbers ... how the universe seems to favour the fibonacci series and so on ... when I thought, what is so special about 2 when it comes to higher forms of life. Why the bias for 2?

Apart from protoplasms and such who I understand can pretty much "do it" with anybody, all other lifeforms seem to have just two sexes .... i aint a biologist or botanist or whatever so correct me if I am wrong ... and I am sure there are exceptions like the earthworm that I don't know about ...

I remember reading that the reason why reproduction requires 2 is to increase the genetic variance and to enhance the species ... it is what makes mutations possible (apart from radioactivity, oxidation and whatever) ....

What I don't understand is why not more ... wouldn't all those things be possible even if there were more than 2? Why not 10? 20? why have a limit on the number ... and why 2?

Why 2? Any comments? Any answers? any questions?

WHY TWO!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment