Tuesday, December 19, 2006

unsung song

Tried writing songs for a while, while I was in college. We were hardly a band ... just spent many lazy evenings on the terrace singing whatever songs we liked and strumming the guitar ... summer of 69 used to be a favourite with everyone I remember.


Today, in the middle of an otherwise busy day, suddenly a couple of lines came to me and I thought I'd jot them down ... see whether I still have the art ...
I love country music ... and this is meant for the Kris Kristofferson kinda singer!


Disclaimer: Please don't take the lyrics to be my personal status in life ;-)


I don't pretend to be a singer
I don't pretend to be a star
I am just a battered old stranger
In my run-down old car


And there are times when I slow down
And there are people who think they touch
But all they ever feel is ...
Maybe it is just I that don't feel so much


As I drag on a cigarette
I wonder 'bout the past
For my dreams now lie in ashes
All hopes stubbed out in the dust

Yeah ... that's about it ... funny how life goes on.

7 comments:

  1. Thanks ... I was beginning to wonder whether this would go down as the uncommented unsung song :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh no!
    not unless i can help it :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey..nice lyrics..tune them up and let's hear them from you someday...music, guitar and singing - perfect way to be on your own..too bad, I left it mid way in life...Cocaine used to be my favourite when it came to strumming...

    ReplyDelete
  4. hmm.. poetry.. this is something which I have tried in the past and not really done great with... had even wrote down tamil lyrics for a tune too..

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have always liked the songs for its lyrics. You got to try gavin degraw some day..

    ReplyDelete
  6. will do that ... dont remember hearing any of his songs.

    ReplyDelete