Saturday, December 15, 2007

has anyone ever transported a pet in india?

I want to get our dog and cats from my home town to Bangalore. Amazing at it seems, I can't seem to find a single way of doing it. It seems to be a gray area for most airlines and though the railways apparently allow it, I have not been able to confirm it officially so far.

It is quite disheartening really. Hopefully I shall find a way. The last thing we want is to leave them behind. And leaving them with other people isn't that easy either when they are such an integral part of the family.

Could the politicians that hog the airwaves preaching about cruelty towards animals and vegetarianism please do something to ensure that at least the government run transport systems have some clear guidelines regarding the transportation of pets?

I am sure this would help to some extent in reducing the number of stray dogs in our cities as well - so many of them wear collars. Perhaps their owners were unable to take them along when they changed location and left them to fend for themselves.

Suggestions welcome ...

Perhaps I can take a month off and spend it driving through the country from the North East to the South West with a dog and a couple of cats :)

No comments:

Post a Comment