Friday, December 14, 2007

П (pi)

Here I am. So full of the everyday, so full of the mundane, so full of the uneventful, so full of ....
That I have forgotten to look at the stars.

And then, I was awarded a book coupon. This lead to more contemplation of the mundane: Should I use this coupon to buy some of the books that I swear by but are unfortunately missing in my bookshelf? Or do I buy something new?

New won the day. It has been too long I felt. Too long since I have thought of new things. Time to move on. To explore new thoughts. New paths. And so, I got myself 4 books. A couple of them written by authors that I have read previously and a couple that are completely new.

That is how I ended up spending a couple of sleepless nights - reading "Contact" by Carl Sagan.

Any path is just a path ... or something to that effect said Don Juan ... or at least that is what Carlos Castaneda made of what he had been taught... And here I am, trudging along on a well beaten path, when I pick up a book and realize just how far I am from where I had begun - that I have forgotten to look at the stars.

The stars, perhaps, missing an admirer, conspired to send this book my way. That is how I discovered or should I say re-discovered П.

If that weren't conspiracy enough, it is just over a month since I got engaged ... and finally started wearing a ring ... a circle ... and here I am ... back full circle as it were ... and inexorably connected to one of the universal truths by a small circle of my very own. A part of the cosmos contemplating itself.

If this sounds incomplete, so let it be.
It is not for me to find your П for you ... and sharing mine may not help much with that either.
I do hope you find it though.
And I do hope I don't lose mine yet again.

No comments:

Post a Comment