Wednesday, March 29, 2006

being spontaneous

Haven't posted for a few days now. Blame it on my trying to be a little more organized then I generally tend to be. Thought I'd compose my blogs off-line in word, have them spell checked and grammatically corrected, and then post them later. I am simply not cut out for that sort of thing.

Another reason for the reticence is the possibility of getting into trouble inadvertently. At least a couple of bloggers I know have gotten into trouble for expressing their minds freely on the internet. Self Censorship!

It is funny really. Too much of anything is bad they say .. and I think our generation has taken political correctness to new levels. It has reached a point where anything more than sitting on the fence is taken as being opinionated.

Perhaps, we indeed are evolving into some sort of mega organism (refer to the versions of star trek where it was not in fashion to baldly go where no man has ever gone before) and each individual must think like all the others or risk being purged by the system. Something like a colony of ants ...

A pity really given the capabilities that we supposedly possess.

Not having an opinion has become a "morally superior" stance ... like being vegeterian for instance. Which reminds me, why is it that I meet more vegeterians preaching and trying to convert everyone else to their way of living as compared to non-vegeterians?

Even assuming that there are some folks who are intolerant of everyone else, isn't intolerance of such an attitude intolernace in itself? Catch 22 or plain hypocrisy?

Reminds me of something else that has nagged me quite a bit .. though I think I have thought that one through ... If being good means having a innate dislike for evil, is it not true that good originates in evil? How can something that originates or exists because of evil be good? The right thing to do perhaps is therefore not to be good or evil but just be ... indiffernce is the noblest alternative given this aspect.

There you are .. being spontaneous .. nothing like it ... even if at the end of it the result is like brownian motion of rhetoric .. there is a certain satisfaction to it.

For those that like sitting on the fence, god invented barbed wire!

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) i know who id like to tell the last line to :D

    ReplyDelete