Wednesday, February 21, 2007

a poem

Today I was cleaning out my mails and stuff ... official spring cleaning ... when I came across some stuff in my drafts folder. I use the outlook drafts like a scratch pad ... scribbling things and often forgetting that I'd scribbled them.

I can't seem to remember whether this is something that I wrote out myself or it is copied from somewhere ... what I do remember is that it was about 3 years ago soon after we had maintained two minutes of silence for the accidental death of an employee.


Two minutes of Silence
Five days of Tears
That is all you'll get
For all your wasted years.


This cannot be copied I realize as I transcribe - bad prose of this sort is my signature style.

Can't help wondering whether I will make a mark in this world or whether I will be forgotten before the ashes from the pyre grow cold - as so many are. Not sure whether it makes any difference either ways ... and in the middle of too hectic a day to really ponder any further on this.

2 comments:

  1. Well said, this is all we get at the end of our journey - but there are some places where we forever are kept safe...someone close's heart...:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. well said man ... makes you wonder whether we all have our priorities right during our time out here ...

    ReplyDelete