Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Going to hollywood!!!

Bloody boring posts!!!

I have deleted 3 drafts since morning. I want to write ... and yet I cant!!!
Writer's block!

Which would be fine if I were a writer. But I am not.
I am a blogger ... so is this a blogger's block?
Or since I type in my posts, is this a typist's block?
Or, considering the fact that I churn out posts, perhaps this is a poster's block?

Maybe, I am just happen to be in some sort of karmic sync with the writers in the US that went on a much publicised strike bringing some shows off the air.

Perhaps this is my chance to make it big? In a world where all the work from the first world is getting outsourced to the third, perhaps I can take this strike as an opportunity to showcase my talents ... and prove that we have what it takes to take on the responsibility ... if that is what it takes to churn out year after year and season after season of soap to keep a popcorn eating gigmanity glued by their butts to their coaches ...

Yeah ... and at half the cost!!!

Perhaps I can pull of a coup and get to write the next season of "sex and the city" ... give it a third world context perhaps and name it "shacks and the shitty" or something equally full of subtle humor ... and meaning?

Perhaps I could write Jay Leno's show - they were worried that it'd go off the air since he generally spoofs current affairs ... Now that was news ... Jay Leno doesn't crack his own jokes?
Here in India, someone plants a coconut tree ... some poor bugger risks life and limb to climb up the infernal thing and bring down the darn coconut ... someone sells it ... someone else buys it ... and someone eventually cracks it some place ... generally on the floor of some temple. So, the idea that someone doesn't crack their own jokes is not such an alien concept after all ... we don't crack our own nuts either (pardon the pun) ... so this is a viable option too!

Darn .. what else? Hollywood movies? Who knows?
I don't think I am willing to give up on that either as mission impossible!
So, maybe this is it ... maybe this is my last post ...

Hollywood ... here I come!!!
(Spider man had better be prepared to climb some coconut trees in his next sequel to a sequel to a sequel)

No comments:

Post a Comment